I bought a Mac Mini1 at the beginning of October 2020. I got the higher end model and bumped the processor to the 3.2GHz 6‑core 8th‑generation Intel Core i7, but everything else base – 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD.
I have often used Norse Mythology as a naming scheme for computers, although I’m also currently using a Pokemon theme for portable devices. This current Mac Mini is named Utgard.2
The rest of my home desktop setup:
- 32GB of RAM ordered from OWC; the saga of the screwdrivers means that I didn’t complete installation until Feb 2021
- eGPU enclosure from Razer, with an AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT graphics card with 8GB RAM
- Asus VG289Q Monitor 28” 4K monitor
- Logitech M535 Bluetooth mouse
- HyperX membrane keyboard: quieter, full size, and permanently wired, so my Royal Kludge becomes my wireless / portable keyboard. Don’t worry, it still has rainbow backlighting!
- 2TB NVMe drive in an external enclosure, researched originally Nov 14th, 2020, purchased and installed Nov 24th, 2020
- OWC Mercury Elite Pro Dock with 2x 2TB SSD drives (installed February 9th, 2021); the fan is very loud, so unplugged for now?
- Webcam, detailed Nov 7th, 2020, along with eGPU purchase
- Yeti Blue USB Microphone, which I also plug my Sennheiser Headset into
- Wired headphones and digital amp
- Wrist rest? I have to get the position / height of my hands, the desk, and keyboard set correctly
- Kneeling chair? The office chair is pretty good, but I’m spending a LOT of time in this room