Simply Jekyll is a highly functional jekyll-based theme that combines the best of different worlds (atleast tries to 😅). It is a minimal and distraction free theme that strives to provide maximum value all without holding back on any essential features that a user would benefit from or would desire for. This is an evolving project and is garanteed to be maintained at least for quite some time as I myself am a beneficiary of this theme and the project.
The theme provides a rich set of features that include:
- Wiki-style markdown syntax for both internal as well as external links.
- Support for backlinks and related posts to exhort serendipitous encounters.
- Feed-specific context menu for instantly accessing the related posts and references.
- Auto stale-link management for internal links.
- Custom syntax for sidenotes and marginnotes on either side of the feed/post.
- Support for partial transclusion of posts.
- On hover page preview.
- Custom classes to style phrasing elements like quotes, callouts, etc by mentioning size, font-types, weight, box etc.
- Preliminary support for flashcards.
- Custom syntax to highlight your favorite part of the post (No, I am not talking about code syntax highlighting, which is already provided by Jekyll through Rouge).
- Support for external link identifier through icons.
- Finally, the most important of them all — No bloatware or frameworks!
Plus everything else that you can already do with jekyll like write something on a bunch of markdown files and convert it into a HTML file or sprinkle in some inline html can still be done alongside these features.