It has a Starred layer, and a FoodWiki layer.
I'd need to break those into two different maps if I wanted to give different people collaborative access to it.
The embedded map includes the location hash so it's centered around Vancouver.
January 13th, 2024
- I used Google Takeout to export all of my Saved Places
- It's an almost 1MB GeoJSON file which is 20K lines long
- There were ~200 or so which had a location / GMaps query string, but said "no location information available" and the coordinates set to 0,0; I manually went through and deleted all those entries
- Importing into Facilmap timed out with the full file
- I manually split it into ~3500 line files, and imported them all
- It does import! I have all my Starred (and I assume Want To Go, and Closed, and a bunch of public and private lists, which aren't labeled in the export) on the map
- But! They're all labeled as "Point", rather than including the name of the thing I have starred
Default of this map is centered on the Vancouver area.
- Export Google Stars and Import (Import GPX, KML or GeoJSON files.)
- Explore transforming Google Maps GeoJSON to Facilmap compatible (with names, etc)